Sunday 14 September 2008

Lisboa

Lisbon, Capital of Portugal, is tied with Berlin as my ultimate favorite city in the world... It has the most amazing laid back atmosphere with a nod towards modern European style whilst still holding its heritage close...

I find it sad that they are having so much trouble in Portugal with their economy now... I urge you all to visit, they will be grateful and welcoming, but not just because you are visiting now - it seemed to me that it is just their nature!

This was the view from my HOSTEL... hand on heart the best hostel I've ever stayed in. This place was fabulous!


 The yellow colour of the funicular, in my opinion, shows Lisbon's warm side (if that makes sense!!)


Alfama, the old town of the city is full of character...


 This gallery was fantastic. I was actually looking for somewhere else when I stumbled across it - I wasn't dissapointed! - Museu Berardo


 In Alfama again, where you can hear the sound of Fado singers coming from the bars nestled amongst the streets. This gives you an example of what I'm talking about... Hot, long evenings where the sun takes hours to set, and this is what you can hear... Literally amazing....



Old and new.... a clapped-out Citroen in front of the spectacular Oriente station, one of my favorite parts of the city, built for the 1998 Expo...

No comments:

Post a Comment