Wednesday 21 May 2014

New Horizons

Hello...

So far in 2014 this blog has been enjoying a small slice of success and is currently pulling in around 200 views per month. I'm under no illusion that this makes me the next Michael Palin or Bill Bryson, but it is a big deal for me at least. 200 views a month means someone out there must be reading what I put down here and I'm more than happy with that!

If any of you aforementioned visitors happen to be regular readers (I'm a little unsure of this as the frequency of my posts can sometimes leave a little to be desired...) then I have some rather exciting news...

At the end of next month I will be leaving my position at Monarch Airlines to work for another carrier and the great news blog-wise is that I will be working long haul services and actually getting off the aircraft at the other end. I'm not going to divulge exactly who my new employer is as social media and blogging aren't always the happiest bedfellows with corporate companies and a professional career - I'm sure you will understand that! I'm also slightly reluctant to say just yet what destinations I will be visiting as even this could give the game away... But what I will say is that flyBown is gearing up for an exciting new future covering places I never would have dreamed that I would be able to experience!

I'm considering a new layout and design to reflect all of this and I hope you will continue to come back and see what life is like for an international trolley-dolly! I for one can't wait to find out! All that said, I'm also considering writing a few posts on how to manage this kind of work with a happy home life too.

A few months ago this blog celebrated its 6th birthday and in a special post I created an infographic which said that so far I had covered 36 destinations. That list is about to get a whole lot longer...

Here's to the future and remembering that everything happens for a reason.

Thanks for visiting...

Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment